Saturday 1 June 2013

Xmas Fare

Christmas 2012. Our first Xmas in our own home. I so enjoyed baking all the Christmas fare, and sending off my homemade gifts to friends and relatives. Chocolate Panforte, Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Biscotti, White Chocolate Biscuits... ...mmmmmmm! Damn good even if I say so myself :). 

Homemade Hamper Gifts

Rich Fruit Cake
For home, I gave my gorgeous green milk glass Donna Hay cake stand its first workout, as prime table center piece holding a rich dark fruit cake, topped with icing sugar (using a stencil the top came up beautifully). We munched on home made Chocolate Panforte - perfect with a steaming cup of coffee fresh from our Giotto espresso machine. 




Chocolate Panforte
Fruit cake on my Donna Hay stand

Here is a pic of our beautiful new oak dining table and chairs which we had delivered a few days prior to Xmas.



For Christmas day lunch we feasted on slow roasted Tuscan Pork Belly, baby potatoes, green beans and gravy; with of course a good drop of red wine! It is amazing how slow roasting for 3 hours, creates such a succulent and flavorsome pork belly. This recipe will definitely be repeated. 
Tuscan Pork Belly with Baby Potatoes and Green Beans


My hubby treated me to a Kitchen Aid Ice Cream attachment for Xmas present. It was clear he was looking forward to regularly devouring home made ice-cream. True to form and eager to try out my new present, I made Con's favorite ice-cream Rum & Raisin. There was little remaining after lunch. I do believe he considers it to be the best present he has ever bought me. I was very pleased with my efforts!


 I made my first ever wreath, compliments of the tutorial in the Country Style magazine just prior to Xmas. Here is a pic. It looked so cute hanging in my Xmas display.

.
Wreath





Xmas Produce

No comments:

Post a Comment